One Nightingale thought that Bimsey Kirkpatrick wrote new lyrics to the song "When I'm On My Journey," but when I did a search for the original, I came across an online exchange that points to nearly identical lyrics. Perhaps the small differences are due to "the folk process."
When I'm On My Journey
aka On My Journey
Source: The Weavers' Song Book (1960, Harper)
(new verses by Darling/Gilbert/Hays/Hellerman)
When I'm on my journey, don't you weep after me,
When I'm on my journey, don't you weep after me,
When I'm on my journey, don't you weep after me,
I don't want you to weep after me.
Every lonely river must go home to the sea
[alt. ...must go down to the sea]
Every lonely river must go home to the sea,
Every lonely river must go home to the sea,
I don't want you to weep after me.
When the stars are fallin' and the thunder starts to roll
[alt. When the lightning flashes...]
When the stars are fallin' and the thunder starts to roll,
When the stars are fallin' and the thunder starts to roll,
I don't want you to weep after me.
High up on the mountain, leave my sorrow down below
[alt. ...leave your troubles down below]
High up on the mountain, leave my sorrow down below,
High up on the mountain, leave my sorrow down below,
I don't want you to weep after me.